Friday, August 26, 2011

Logic & Reason vs Common Sense

A sacred area "Logic and Reason".. in which so called "educated intellectuals" swim. They try to find logic and reason in "common sense". They think so much that obvious things become complicated for them. A simple Bill to prevent corruption, and here come the so called intellectuals trying to find reasons to "analyse" the common sense.

I was in Mumbai on 26th July 2005. An unprecedented rainfall had flooded the city. When I came out of office in the evening, I was not able to see land anywhere. It was as if the sea level had risen by at least 8 feet. My colleague, whom I used to appreciate for his logic in coding complex C++ classes, came out with me. And in the neck deep water, he started making attempts to walk. Isn't it common sense to swim in the neck deep water? The fact that my friend knew how to swim, did not suggest him to swim in this water? What was he thinking about? What is the use of your logic, if you can't use it for yourself?

When the time to apply common sense comes, the educated illiterates start thinking about the democratic principles and parliamentary supremacy. What the heck! This is my country, all Indians are my brothers and sisters, who the hell is MP to dictate me what should be and what should not be in the law which brings cheer to my fellow countrymen? Especially, when the law itself is being made to curb MPs' "corruption under the very nose of so called democracy"? The so called intellectuals who are always on the periphery try to give reasons like "only parliament can make laws". Do they think MPs will bring out a bill which will monitor their own behavior in parliament or outside? It is as if asking students to set their own exam paper. Does one need to apply logic while thinking this? In my opinion our farmers are more educated and literate than those so called 10th and 12th board rankers and IIT, IIM graduates, doctors, engineers & "booker prize winners" who are opposing this movement. Our uneducated farmers can at least sustain in this hostile economy and environment without having piles of degrees in their cupboards. They may not understand democratic principles, but they do have more "common sense" than so many other educated intellectuals. One logical explanation given by opponents of this movement is, only parliament can make laws, and that one should get elected to get the law they want. Excuse me! For every damn thing I can not keep getting elected. Getting elected itself in current system is not possible without being dishonest and criminal. Many honest people get killed for standing for election against a criminal/an incumbent, and there is ample evidence of that. Of course, I have only one life, and I want to live it honestly and peacefully and let others live peacefully.. I should not need to get elected for expecting that. But the biased and narcissistic educated illiterates do not understand this. They are worried about their own ego while endorsing skepticism, speculation and procrastination and spreading rumors.

I gave my vote to an MP because I thought he would do something good for the society. If I go to him tomorrow and ask him to do it, he should not say that "Please get elected first". Is this democracy? Is this why I voted you in the first place? I am not asking anything for personal benefit. It is the whole society who will benefit if the MPs discuss and debate over how to address corruption. They do not even want to discuss it, and in turn suggest me to get elected. This is certainly not fair.

For me, my Anna is the best. He is more educated than our Harvard educated Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan or our "honest" Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. I don't want to be bothered by those who oppose this movement. I guess I have at least that much right in the "so called" democracy "of the Congress/BJP/NCP/SP/RJD/SS/XYZ/XXX, by the Congress/BJP/NCP/SP/RJD/SS/XYZ/XXX, for the Congress/BJP/NCP/SP/RJD/SS/XYZ/XXX"!

3 comments:

Abhi said...

http://www.loksatta.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=204051:2012-01-07-16-53-30&catid=55:2009-07-20-04-00-45&Itemid=13

- Abhi

Abhi said...

If you consider functional diagram of any process then it will have Input & Output, Control & noise & let's say final product as parliamentary democracy. Lokpal only speak about control. Correct me if I am wrong. But what India(Urban)/Hindustan(Non secular)/Bharat(Ideal) need is process improvement.

Prashant M Desai said...

Yes, Lokpal is talking about control.. but if you notice, it is talking about feedback control.. you have studied both open and closed control systems, tell me which one performs better? the open control system of which politicians are proponent OR the closed feedback control system which Lokpal is proponent of?