Saturday, June 23, 2007

One More Time. lloose lloose lloose - loose contttrol!

It was a bright sunny day when ten software geeks marched on an adventurous trip to quiet their surging urge for something daunting. The fun started at sharp(?) 6:55 in the morning when we started for a famous temple in Delaware.

After passing through a lot of tribulations because of a wrong map, finally we reached the temple at around 9:30. It was snugly situated in a not so crowded area. Most importantly it was surmounted by a real dome and golden pinnacle surrounded with several cupolas. To be precise, it was a pantheon where all the bigwigs from Hindu mythology had come together. Right in the centre was Devi Maha Lakshmi surrounded by Shree Shivji, Shree Ganesh, Shree Ram, Shree Satyanarayan and Shree Krishna. Vedic chanting was going on and while deities were accepting flowers and coconuts from the worshippers :), I sat down for a while, eyes closed, searching for myself and simultaneously trying to chant Atharvashirsha. Somehow, I could not concentrate and complete it - tried hard but recollected only the first half and then it got mixed with Ramraksha and Maruti Stotra. I begged pardon to the gods for the mistakes in my chanting, applied kumkum tilak on my forehead and returned. It was a rare rendezvous with so many Gods together in USA after so many days. Felt good and blessed. Afterall, we needed those blessings for our complete day while doing daring adventures.

We left the temple at around 10:15 and reached the Six Flags at around 12:00.
The rides were VhanTaaas, going through the convoluted routes with utmost celerity while all the people engaged in boisterous affair full of screams of mirth and fear. The most unforgettable moment of my life came when I went on a ride called Bungee Jumping. While bystanders doubted my unmitigated pluck, tied to a rope I was taken up above high in the sky around 100 meters from the ground. I could see the whole park from there. The instructor counted 3,2,1 and I pulled the cord which would take me to Alice' wonderland. I came down with a frenetic pace upto 50 meters height and then swung on the other side. The fall was quite thrilling making me understand the importance of being alive. I remembered Neo breaking the rules of Matrix and swung in a flying gesture for several oscillations screaming raucously with a squeaky childlike voice.

The fun followed by some modelling. I posed at my best and ended with a stupid mugshot. There is no photo as of now which I might be able to publish for my search for a sweetheart. The most photographed person in the group was Gaurav who was always lost in his dreamworld smiling like a poet at something in the zero. The day ended with a dangerous drive back home by an adroit but sleeping driver(of course it was not me:) ).

Felt like being with friends after so many days - thanks to all for that, for it was my first meeting with most of them. One more memorable day I am waiting for is when I will fly a plane.

No comments: